- 2013 NSC 9-Ball Shootout Final StandingsPosted 27 days ago
- 2013 NSC 8-Ball Classic Final StandingsPosted 27 days ago
- Charlie Hans Defends Wheelchair Challenge TitlePosted 28 days ago
- Molly Stark Rekindles Love for PoolPosted 29 days ago
- Family Duo Playing in Jack & Jill ChampionshipPosted 29 days ago
Join the APA
While some membership cards require you to be able to jump the cue ball, bank it off three rails and sink the 8-Ball blindfolded, getting an APA Membership Card is much easier.
Simply fill out the Membership Application below and forward it to your local APA League Operator. To find your local APA League Operator click here.
Having fun, meeting new people and playing pool is what the APA is all about.. You don’t have to be a pool shark, because in the APA — everyone can play and anyone can win. The APA wants beginners and novices, because it is the AMATEUR Poolplayers Association. No other organization in pool gives ordinary players a chance to win a share of nearly $1.5 MILLION guaranteed cash and prizes paid out through its national tournaments.
How does the APA do it? It uses The Equalizer® handicap system to determine the amount of games a player has to win in order to capture the match. It allows a novice to win less games than a more-skilled opponent to win a match.
Why join the APA?
- $1 Million in guaranteed prize money for national events.
- You can choose your game and your division! Team 8-Ball (Open Division or Ladies only) and Team 9-Ball; singles formats are available.
- The Equalizer® handicap system allows players of all abilities to compete on an equal level.
- Men and women welcome at all levels of competition.
- APA membership makes a weekly fun night out for friends, families and coworkers.
- APA membership costs just $25 (plus sales tax if applicable).
- Save big with APA national discounts.
- You will receive The American Poolplayer, published three times yearly, the most widely read publication in the pocket billiards industry.
- Receive a discount off the entry fee in the U.S. Amateur Championship.
After you join, you will receive the following membership materials: Official APA patch, 8-Ball and 9-Ball rules, APA sticker, an APA membership card and much more.
Membership in the American Poolplayers Association entitles you to:
- Receive official membership materials.
- Qualify for APA League play wherever an organized APA League is active.
- Play in any APA sanctioned League or League Tournament for which you qualify, including the Team and Singles Championships.
- Receive trophies and other awards for which you qualify.
- Receive the official APA League publication, The American Poolplayer, published three times yearly, with League news, articles on the sport, tips from the pros and more.
- Receive national and local participating merchant discounts.
- Participate in other special events for APA members
Being an APA Member has its advantages!
Click here to see the National Discounts included with your membership in the APA.
Must be 18 years of age to play in APA Leagues!