To be held in conjunction with the APA National Singles Championships at the Riviera Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
*Event dates subject to change
BOOK HERE to reserve your room at the Riviera, or call 1-800-634-6753 and use group code SAPA414 to receive the special APA rate of $69/night with no resort fees. Please check with your League Operator prior to booking your room to confirm that rooming arrangements have not already been made on your behalf.
Rules for Participation
- Teams entering this Event can be any combination of men or women, with a total combined Skill Level limit of 10.
- Players may only participate on one team.
- Players must be from the same League area.
- Players must have at least twenty 9-Ball scores within the last two years by the entry deadline of March 14, 2014 to participate.
- You must be on an active (Spring Session) APA roster in the 9-Ball format in the League area the team represents.
- Players cannot be 8-Ball Doubles, Wheelchair Challenge, 8-Ball Classic or 9-Ball Shootout participants.
- APA rules apply.
- The Entry Fee is $100 per team. There will be no refunds to entrants who are disqualified for any reason, including no-shows.
- Maximum field is 256. (Size of board will be based on number of entries.)
- Matches are played according to an APA 9-Ball Doubles Championship Handicap Race Chart provided at the Event.
- Players alternate shots, not turns.
- One coaching time-out per team, per game, is allowed.
Preregistered General Rules
- For participation in the Preregistered Championships, you must have entered and paid the entry fee prior to the deadline of March 14, 2014.
- Table fee is $1.00 per game.
- Modified Single Elimination.
- There is an enforced casual dress code. Any player that the APA considers inappropriately dressed will be asked to change.
- In order to conduct a fair and equal tournament for all APA players, APA must ensure that all participants are playing at skill levels that are not below their true ability. Accordingly, the APA may disqualify any team if, in APA’s sole judgment and absolute discretion, one (1) or more of its players are deemed by APA to be playing at a skill level below their true ability. The determination of whether a player is playing at a skill level below their true ability is necessarily subjective; APA is the sole judge of a player’s ability and may make such a determination in its absolute judgment and discretion.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Any player entering or participating under fraudulent circumstances will be disqualified.
- APA has the absolute and final authority to make all rulings affecting participation in the APA Preregistered Championship programs, including player ability (i.e., correction of skill levels) and disqualification. Disqualification from this event for any reason will mean forfeiture of all titles, awards, prize money, and minimum two year suspension from the League. Disqualification can occur prior to, during, or after the event.
- The APA has the authority, at its sole discretion, to make modifications to the rules, format, or any other aspect of the Event.
- Release of APA and Tournament Sponsors: I, the participant, being of lawful age, as inducement for and in consideration of the agreement by American Poolplayers Association, Inc. (APA), that I may take part in this Event, hereby covenant and agree that the APA and all other sponsors and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively Releasees) shall not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries, including death, and/or damage to property that I may sustain in any way which result from or arise out of my preparation for or any participation in the Event. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge and covenant not to sue Releasees from any and all claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated, or unanticipated, resulting from or arising out of my preparation for or participation in the Event. I acknowledge and agree that participation in the Event may involve the risk of such personal injury, including death, and/or damage to property, and I hereby assume full responsibility for any risk of such personal injury, including death and damage to property. I warrant that I am in good health and have no physical condition that would prevent me from participating in the Event. I further agree for myself, my successors, heirs, assigns, executors and administrators to indemnify and hold Releasees harmless from and against all claims and suits for personal injuries, including death, and damage to property, real or personal, caused by my act or omission and arising out of my involvement in the Event, and from all judgments and costs recovered in said claims and suits, and from all expenses incurred in defending said claims or suits. This Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and if any portion is held invalid, the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect. This Release shall be binding on my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns. I have read and fully understand the above Release.
- Recording and Reproduction: I consent to the taping (audio and video), and/or photographing of my participation in this Event, and grant the APA and all other sponsors the right to use and reproduce my name, voice, and likeness in any and all photographs and video reproductions taken or made of myself for any purpose whatsoever. I release the APA and all other sponsors, their employees, agents, successors and assigns from any liability whatsoever for such use and reproduction of my name, voice, and likeness. I agree that the photographs, videos and any sound tracks taken or made of me are the exclusive property of the APA and/or all other sponsors, and I waive any right of inspection or review.
- If this Event is cancelled, for any reason, I understand that my only remedy is a refund of my entry fee.
- Roster changes will not be accepted at the tournament site in Las Vegas.